Tom Dolan Biography
A Young Competitor, Quickly Became A Collegiate Champion, Battled Breathing Problems, Chronology, Awards And AccomplishmentsCONTACT INFORMATION
Tom Dolan is a swimmer who has overcome serious breathing problems to become a national and world champion. Although he was diagnosed with exercise-induced asthma at age fourteen, Dolan continues to swim competitively. In 1994 he became a national collegiate champion at the University of Michigan. In 1996 and 2000 he won Olympic gold medals for the 400-meter individual medley event. He also set the world record for that event twice. Dolan still swims competitively and he is also a spokesperson for the American Lung Association.
Address: USA Swimming, 1 Olympic Plaza, Colorado Springs, CO, 80909-5746.
Sketch by Janet P. Stamatel
- Becky Dyroen-Lancer Biography - A String Of Championships, Chronology, World And Olympic Gold Medals, Awards And Accomplishments, Further Information
- Tracy Caulkins Biography - Began Swimming, Won First National Titles, Best Year As A Swimmer, Chronology, Olympic Boycott Affected Caulkins - CONTACT INFORMATION
- Tom Dolan - A Young Competitor
- Tom Dolan - Quickly Became A Collegiate Champion
- Tom Dolan - Battled Breathing Problems
- Tom Dolan - Chronology
- Tom Dolan - Awards And Accomplishments
- Tom Dolan - Olympic Champion
- Tom Dolan - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias