George Foreman Biography
More Than Enough Fury, Chronology, Turning Pro, Champion, Difficult Years, Where Is He Now?CONTACT INFORMATION, SELECTED WRITINGS BY FOREMAN:
The George Foreman of today, genial, gentlemanly, and widely popular, bears little resemblance to his early thuggish person. Indeed, some have called him a "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" in reverse, who transformed himself from the monster into the good and pleasant fellow. He captured the hearts of boxing fans when he reentered heavyweight competitions after ten years away, and managed to recapture the title at the age of 45, twenty years after losing it to Muhammad Ali. Today, a successful entrepreneur, actor, founder of his own church, and a "grand old man" of boxing, George Foreman can smile out at the world. It was not always so.
Address: George Foreman Community Center, 2202 Lone Oak Road, Houston, TX 77093-3336.
SELECTED WRITINGS BY FOREMAN:
(With Joel Engel) By George, New York: Touchstone Books, 1995, 2000.
George Foreman's Guide to Life: How to Get Up Off the Canvas When Life Knocks You Down. New York: Simon and Schuster, 2003.
Sketch by Robert Winters
- Joe Frazier Biography - South Carolina Childhood, Chronology, Olympic Gold Medalist, Monumental Fights Against Ali And Foreman, Awards And Accomplishments - SELECTED WRITINGS BY FRAZIER:
- Jack Dempsey - The Early Years, Heavyweight Champion, Chronology, Related Biography: Manager John "doc" Kearns
- George Foreman - More Than Enough Fury
- George Foreman - Chronology
- George Foreman - Turning Pro
- George Foreman - Champion
- George Foreman - Difficult Years
- George Foreman - Where Is He Now?
- George Foreman - The Road Back
- George Foreman - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias