Mario Andretti Biography
Began Racing In Italy, Became A Professional Racecar Driver In America, Chronology, The Family BusinessSELECTED WRITINGS BY ANDRETTI:
American race car driver
Mario Andretti was named Driver of the Century for his distinguished racing career that spanned five decades. Andretti earned his reputation with Championship cars. He won a total of 52 Championship car races, including the prestigious Indianapolis 500 in 1969. He is also the all time leader of Championship car pole position wins with 67 and the all time lap leader with 7,587 laps. Andretti is the all time record holder for Champion car starts with 407 and he is the only driver to ever win Championship car races in four decades. In addition to a remarkable career with Championship cars, Andretti had distinguished himself as a driver who can win on any kind of track and in any kind of car. Andretti has also won races on the sprint, midget, and Formula One circuits. This kind of versatility has put Andretti into a class by himself.
SELECTED WRITINGS BY ANDRETTI:
(With Bob Collins) What's It Like Out There, Regnery, 1970.
Sketch by Janet P. Stamatel
- Dale Earnhardt Sr. Biography - What Makes A Champ?, Guts Make A Champ, Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments, Death At Daytona
- Davey Allison - Big Moments At Daytona, No Strangers To Tragedy, Chronology, Related Biography: Race Car Driver Bobby Allison
- Mario Andretti - Began Racing In Italy
- Mario Andretti - Became A Professional Racecar Driver In America
- Mario Andretti - Chronology
- Mario Andretti - The Family Business
- Mario Andretti - Awards And Accomplishments
- Mario Andretti - Related Biography: Race Car Driver Michael Andretti
- Mario Andretti - Won The Indianapolis 500
- Mario Andretti - A Versatile Driver
- Mario Andretti - Contact Information
- Mario Andretti - Where Is He Now?
- Mario Andretti - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias