Steffi Graf Biography
Growing Up, The Young Professional, The Big Year, Awards And Accomplishments, Dominant Throughout The 90sCONTACT INFORMATION
German tennis player
When she attained the number one ranking with the Women's International Tennis Association (WITA) in 1987 and effectively moved past tennis superstars Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova, Steffi Graf never looked back. One of the dominant forces in the game of tennis, Graf possessed a blazing forehand and an unrivaled winning attitude. She dominated women's tennis for over a decade. When she chose to retire in 1999 following a series of injuries that made playing the game more of a burden than an enjoyment, Graf had compiled an incredible record of 902 wins and 115 losses on the professional tour, with an astonishing 107 career singles titles and 22 Grand Slam singles titles (only two shy of the record held by Margaret Court Smith). Graf also became one of only five players in the history of the game to win tennis' Grand Slam, which she accomplished in 1988 by winning the four major tournaments—the Australian and French Opens, Wimbledon, and the U.S. Open—all in one calendar year.
Address: c/o Stefanie Graf Marketing, GmbH & Co.KG, Mallaustrasse 75, 68215 Mannheim, Germany; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sketch by Eric Lagergren
- Martina Hingis Biography - Born To Play, Turns Professional, Chronology, Dominates Women's Tennis, Power Overcomes Finesse - CONTACT INFORMATION
- Evonne Goolagong Biography - Growing Up, Becoming A Tennis Star, A Professional Tennis Player, Chronology, Not Done Yet - CONTACT INFORMATION
- Steffi Graf - Growing Up
- Steffi Graf - The Young Professional
- Steffi Graf - The Big Year
- Steffi Graf - Awards And Accomplishments
- Steffi Graf - Dominant Throughout The 90s
- Steffi Graf - Chronology
- Steffi Graf - The Injuries Begin, Slowly
- Steffi Graf - Drama Off Court
- Steffi Graf - Overpowering
- Steffi Graf - The Trials Of Steffi Graf
- Steffi Graf - Where Is She Now?
- Steffi Graf - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias