Georg Hackl Biography
Mental Focus, Fearless And Technically Savvy, Decade Of Domination, Deprived Of Fourth Gold, ChronologyCONTACT INFORMATION
Georg Hackl is regarded as the best ever to compete at luge, the Olympic sport in which participants lie on their backs on tiny sleds and speed feet-first down icy channels at 90 mph, their runs timed in thousandths of a second. Hackl, who is German, is good-naturedly called the "Flying Sausage" for his love of bratwurst and speed and, perhaps, his unathletic build. What he lacks in physique, however, Hackl more than makes up for in unshakable nerve and technical prowess. He dominated luge in the 1990s, becoming the first luger—and one of only five Winter Olympians from any sport—to win gold at three consecutive Olympic Games.
Address: Deutscher Bob-Rodelschlihen, Ander Shiesstrasse 6, Berchtesgarden, D-83471, Germany.
Sketch by David Wilkins
- Lynn Hill Biography - Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments, Further Information - SELECTED WRITINGS BY HILL:
- Tom Gorman Biography - Outstanding Player, Still Active, Chronology, Further Information
- Georg Hackl - Mental Focus
- Georg Hackl - Fearless And Technically Savvy
- Georg Hackl - Decade Of Domination
- Georg Hackl - Deprived Of Fourth Gold
- Georg Hackl - Chronology
- Georg Hackl - Awards And Accomplishments
- Georg Hackl - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias