Evander Holyfield Biography
"you Finish It Out", The Rise Of A Boxer, Chronology, A Plethora Of TitlesSELECTED WRITINGS BY HOLYFIELD:
Evander Holyfield is a three-time world heavyweight champion who consistently beat heavier opponents through determination and faith in himself. But for many, he will always be the man who got his ear bitten off by Mike Tyson. That event actually was a perfect illustration of the differences between Holyfield's calm, professional style and that of some other boxers: thuggish, menacing, angry, and violent beyond reason. In contrast Holyfield, a devout Christian, has always attributed his success in the ring to his faith in God, and while he has not always led an entirely exemplary personal life, he has steadfastly maintained an image of decency and self-control in the ring. He has also displayed considerable courage in the face of opponents who were often bigger and seemingly tougher than he.
SELECTED WRITINGS BY HOLYFIELD:
(With Bernard Holyfield) Holyfield: The Humble Warrior, Atlanta: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1996.
Sketch by Robert Winters
- Jack Johnson Biography - Early Training, Success In The Ring, Chronology, Controversial Figure, Legacy As A Boxer
- Marvin Hagler Biography - Road To The Title, Chronology, Hagler Vs. Leonard, Awards And Accomplishments, Further Information
- Evander Holyfield - "you Finish It Out"
- Evander Holyfield - The Rise Of A Boxer
- Evander Holyfield - Chronology
- Evander Holyfield - A Plethora Of Titles
- Evander Holyfield - Project Omega
- Evander Holyfield - World Heavyweight Champion
- Evander Holyfield - The Hard Road Back
- Evander Holyfield - Awards And Accomplishments
- Evander Holyfield - Going Up Against Iron Mike
- Evander Holyfield - Still Boxing
- Evander Holyfield - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias