Roger Bannister Biography
"i Just Ran Anywhere And Everywhere", 1952 Olympics, "a Scene Of The Wildest Excitement", ChronologySELECTED WRITINGS BY BANNISTER:
English track and field athlete
In 1954, Roger Bannister became the first person to run a mile in under four minutes. A noted British runner, he won the British mile championships in 1951, 1953, and 1954, and also won the Empire championship in 1954. In addition, he won the European 1,500 meter championship in 1954.
SELECTED WRITINGS BY BANNISTER:
The Four-Minute Mile, Lyons and Burford, 1955.
Sketch by Kelly Winters
- Valerie Brisco-Hooks Biography - Brother's Death Shaped Her Life, Pregnancy Impeeds Performance, Chronology, An Unprecedented Olympic Achievement
- Donovan Bailey Biography - Hones Sprinting Skills, Captures Olympic Gold, Calls It Quits, Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments
- Roger Bannister - "i Just Ran Anywhere And Everywhere"
- Roger Bannister - 1952 Olympics
- Roger Bannister - "a Scene Of The Wildest Excitement"
- Roger Bannister - Chronology
- Roger Bannister - The Miracle Mile
- Roger Bannister - Bannister The Neurologist
- Roger Bannister - Related Biography: Miler John Landy
- Roger Bannister - Awards And Accomplishments
- Roger Bannister - Further Information
- Roger Bannister - Where Is He Now?
- Other Free Encyclopedias