Greg Louganis Biography
Talents And Trials, The Young Olympian, Getting The Gold, Chronology, Awards And AccomplishmentsSELECTED WRITINGS BY LOUGANIS:
Two-time Olympic gold medal winner Greg Louganis is generally considered by sportswriters and fans the best diver in the history of the sport. For years he was simply unbeatable in diving competitions. At the same time, his personal struggles as a closeted gay man often left him feeling alone and worthless. This combination of public adulation and private torment created a complex pattern in Louganis' life, alternating between highly disciplined athletic prowess in the pool and self-destructive impulses in his private life. Louganis explored these themes in his cathartic autobiography Breaking the Surface.
SELECTED WRITINGS BY LOUGANIS:
(With Eric Marcus) Breaking the Surface, New York: Random House, 1995.
Sketch by Robert Winters
- Patricia McCormick Biography - Raised Around Water, Determined To Succeed, The Double-double, Sharing The Olympic Spirit
- Greg Louganis - Talents And Trials
- Greg Louganis - The Young Olympian
- Greg Louganis - Getting The Gold
- Greg Louganis - Chronology
- Greg Louganis - Awards And Accomplishments
- Greg Louganis - After Diving—and After Tom
- Greg Louganis - Breaking The Surface
- Greg Louganis - Where Is He Now?
- Greg Louganis - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias