Shannon Miller Biography
An Energetic Child, Chronology, Competitive Spirit, Awards And Accomplishments, Where Is She Now?CONTACT INFORMATION, SELECTED WRITINGS BY MILLER:
Shannon Miller is the most decorated American gymnast. Over the course of her thirteen-year career as a
gymnast, Miller won fifty-nine international medals and forty-nine national medals. Over half of these medals were gold. She competed in two Olympics, in 1992 and 1996, and won a total of seven Olympic medals—two gold, two silver, and three bronze. She was a member of the "Magnificent Seven" women's gymnastics team that won the first team gold in gymnastics for the United States in 1996. Miller is also the only American to win the World Championships for two consecutive years, in 1993 and 1994. Miller retired from gymnastics in 2001 and has become an author and a motivational speaker.
Address: Shade Global, 250 West 57th Street, New York, New York 10019. Phone: (212) 307-5128.
SELECTED WRITINGS BY MILLER:
(With Nancy Ann Richardson) Winning Every Day: Gold Medal Advice for a Happy, Healthy Life!, Bantam Doubleday Dell, 1998.
Sketch by Janet P. Stamatel
- Lilia Podkopayeva Biography - Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments - CONTACT INFORMATION
- Larisa Latynina Biography - An Orphan Seeking Beauty, Becomes A Gymnastics Superstar, 1964 Olympics, Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments - SELECTED WRITINGS BY LATYNINA:
- Shannon Miller - An Energetic Child
- Shannon Miller - Chronology
- Shannon Miller - Competitive Spirit
- Shannon Miller - Awards And Accomplishments
- Shannon Miller - Where Is She Now?
- Shannon Miller - Olympic Champion
- Shannon Miller - Member Of The "magnificent Seven"
- Shannon Miller - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias