Shaun Palmer Biography
Born In San Diego, Starts Mountain Biking In 1995, Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments, Further InformationCONTACT INFORMATION
American extreme athlete
When it comes to sports, Shaun Palmer likes them extreme. If he doesn't get an adrenaline rush from it, it's not worth doing. He started with skateboarding and snowboarding as a boy and over time has tried his hand—quite successfully, it turns out—at mountain biking and motocross racing. He's had this insatiable appetite for speed since his childhood. As his mother told People in 1999, "Whether it was on wheels or on a board, it had to be superfast—he had no fear. I remember once when he was 13, I had grounded him. Well, he jumped out of his second-floor bedroom window, got on his bike and took off. He was like that—always pushing the limits." Never one to hide his light under a bushel, Palmer bristles with self-confidence. In an interview with Pam Lambert and Ron Arias of People, he boasted: "I think I'm the greatest athlete in the world. Michael Jordan just had a basketball. I'm on a bike going down a mountainside. Or on a board flying over 60-foot cliffs. I know there are injuries in football, basketball, and baseball, but it's not, like, death-defying."
Address: Shaun Palmer, c/o Palmer Snowboards, 7150 Boone Ave. N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428.
Sketch by Don Amerman
- Duane Peters Biography - Invented Skateboarding Tricks, Fronts '90s Punk Bands, Chronology, Further Information - Maintains Hardcore Following
- Dave Mirra Biography - Began Competing, Suffered Injuries, Advent Of The X Games, Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments - CONTACT INFORMATION
- Shaun Palmer - Born In San Diego
- Shaun Palmer - Starts Mountain Biking In 1995
- Shaun Palmer - Chronology
- Shaun Palmer - Awards And Accomplishments
- Shaun Palmer - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias