John Randle Biography
Signs With The Vikings As Free Agent, Signs With Seattle, Chronology, Awards And AccomplishmentsPlays College Football, CONTACT INFORMATION
American football player
Playing for the Minnesota Vikings and the Seattle Seahawks, John Randle was a leading defensive tackle in the 1990s. Though small for a defensive tackle in this time period (only 6'1" and 267 lbs.), he once played in 176 consecutive games and started in 140 consecutive games. Randle also had eight consecutive seasons in which he had at least ten quarterback sacks, and was selected to play in the Pro Bowl six times.
Randle was born on December 12, 1967, in Hearne, Texas, where he and his older brother Ervin (who was also a football player who played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1985-92) were raised by their single mother, Martha. His mother was employed as a maid, and Randle grew up very poor. The family lived in a shack until he was a senior in high school.
It was not until Randle began attending Hearne High School that he began to play football, following in the steps of his brother. At Hearne High, he was both an offensive and defensive lineman. Randle was also a member of the track team. Because of his poor SAT scores, however, he had to go the junior college route.
Plays College Football
After spending two years at Trinity Valley Community College, Randle entered Texas A & M in Kingsville, a Division II school. As a senior in 1990, he earned Little All-America honors, and graduated with a degree in sociology.
Address: c/o Seattle Seahawks, 11220 NE 53rd St., Kirkland, WA 98033.
Sketch by A. Petruso
- Dan Reeves Biography - Brought First Major Team To West Coast, Hired Coach George Allen, Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments
- Walter Payton Biography - Born In Columbia, Mississippi, Joins Track Team As Long Jumper, Chronology, Named Ncaa Leading Scorer Of All Time
- John Randle - Signs With The Vikings As Free Agent
- John Randle - Signs With Seattle
- John Randle - Chronology
- John Randle - Awards And Accomplishments
- John Randle - Further Information
- John Randle - Career Statistics
- Other Free Encyclopedias