Mary Lou Retton Biography
Inspired By Nadia, Karolyi The Bear, Olympic Visions, Chronology, Mary Lou Retton, Dreams Do Come TrueCONTACT INFORMATION, SELECTED WRITINGS BY RETTON:
Mary Lou Retton burst onto the gymnastic front with all the vivaciousness she could muster, and in doing so, took the world by storm. She changed the way people thought of a gymnast, not having the typical physique for
the sport. Retton was very muscular, a change from the petit, smaller gymnasts fans were used to seeing catapulting off the balance beam and swinging around the uneven bars. She also changed the world simply by her exuberance. Retton's infectious smile captured the hearts of people everywhere during the 1984 Olympics. It is that smile that continues to inspire people to this day.
Address: Mary Lou Retton, c/o Washington Speakers Bureau, 1663 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314. Phone: (703) 684-0555.
SELECTED WRITINGS BY RETTON:
(With Bela Karolyi and John Powers) Mary Lou: Creating an Olympic Champion. McGraw–Hill Book Company, 1986.
(With David Bender) Gateways to Happiness: 7 Ways to a More Peaceful, More Prosperous, More Satisfying Life. New York: Broadway Books, 2000.
Sketch by Barbra J Smerz
- Cathy Rigby Biography - Talented, But Torn, Off To The Olympics, Hiding A Painful Secret, Flying High As Peter Pan - CONTACT INFORMATION
- Lilia Podkopayeva Biography - Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments - CONTACT INFORMATION
- Mary Lou Retton - Inspired By Nadia
- Mary Lou Retton - Karolyi The Bear
- Mary Lou Retton - Olympic Visions
- Mary Lou Retton - Chronology
- Mary Lou Retton - Mary Lou Retton
- Mary Lou Retton - Dreams Do Come True
- Mary Lou Retton - Awards And Accomplishments
- Mary Lou Retton - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias