Wyomia Tyus Biography
Early Training, Olympic Success, Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments, A Coach's InfluenceSELECTED WRITINGS BY TYUS:
American track and field athlete
She became a world champion barely out of high school. She broke records in almost all the track events in which she competed. She was the first person, man or woman, to win consecutive Olympic gold medals for the 100-meter race. Yet, despite three Olympic gold medals and one silver medal, her accomplishments seemed to slip by with barely a commentary from the world around her. Whether it was racism, sexism, or the political climate, Wyomia Tyus stood up to the challenges of her time and proved herself a world-class athlete.
SELECTED WRITINGS BY TYUS:
Inside Jogging for Women, Contemporary Books, 1978.
Sketch by Eve M. B. Hermann
- Gwen Torrence Biography - "shoooosh, She Was Gone", Chronology, Competes In Olympics, Fastest Woman In The World
- Wyomia Tyus - Early Training
- Wyomia Tyus - Olympic Success
- Wyomia Tyus - Chronology
- Wyomia Tyus - Awards And Accomplishments
- Wyomia Tyus - A Coach's Influence
- Wyomia Tyus - Contact Information
- Wyomia Tyus - Where Is She Now?
- Wyomia Tyus - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias