Esther Williams Biography
Learning To Swim, A Career Change, Chronology, Becomes A Movie Star, Awards And AccomplishmentsCONTACT INFORMATION, SELECTED WRITINGS BY WILLIAMS:
Esther Williams is best known for her starring roles in MGM's aquatic musical films of the 1940s and 1950s—films which are often credited with introducing synchronized swimming to the world—but she was a pioneer in many other ways as well. Williams was one of the best competitive female swimmers of her day, and after becoming a movie star she became the first celebrity to have a product endorsement. She was also a pioneer in the design of women's swimsuits, creating designs which allowed women freedom of movement in the water.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Online: www.estherwilliams.com.
SELECTED WRITINGS BY WILLIAMS:
(With Digby Diegh) The Million Dollar Mermaid, New York: Simon & Schuster, 1999.
Sketch by Julia Bauder
- Johnny Weissmuller Biography - Born In Austria-hungary, Trains Under "big Bill", Chronology, Turns Pro, Selected Writings By Weissmuller:
- Esther Williams - Learning To Swim
- Esther Williams - A Career Change
- Esther Williams - Chronology
- Esther Williams - Becomes A Movie Star
- Esther Williams - Awards And Accomplishments
- Esther Williams - Related Biography: Swimmer Annette Kellerman
- Esther Williams - Box Office Hits
- Esther Williams - Personal Problems
- Esther Williams - Where Is She Now?
- Esther Williams - Williams The Swimsuit Designer
- Esther Williams - Godmother To A Sport
- Esther Williams - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias