Roger Clemens Biography
Child Of The Heartland, Early Prodigy, Work Ethic, Chronology, Boston Bound, Career CrisisCONTACT INFORMATION, SELECTED WRITINGS BY CLEMENS:
American baseball player
His native talents alone would have been enough to make Roger Clemens one of baseball's greats. His six foot four, two hundred and twenty-pound frame is capable of hurling a baseball at speeds approaching one hundred miles per hour. His split-finger fastball—only eight miles per hour—dives away as it reaches the plate, confounding the baseball's best hitters. Oakland Athletics outfielder Rickey Henderson described the experience of facing Roger Clemens's fastball to the Providence Journal as being, "as difficult to hit as a marble shot out of a cannon." But add to these natural gifts a phenomenal work ethic, obsessive drive, and profound focus, and Roger Clemens may just possess the combination of qualities to propel him to the top as the greatest pitcher in baseball history.
Address: Roger Clemens, c/o Major League Baseball, 75 Ninth Ave., New York, NY 10011. Fax: (212) 485-3456. Phone: (212) 485-3182.
SELECTED WRITINGS BY CLEMENS:
(With Peter Gammons) Rocket Man: The Roger Clemens Story, S. Greene Press, 1987.
Sketch by Gordon Churchwell
- Roberto Clemente Biography - Chronology, Clemente, Clemente's Personality, Clemente's Legacy, Awards And Accomplishments
- Alexander Cartwright Biography - Formed First Recognized Baseball Team, Spread The Rules Of The Game, Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments
- Roger Clemens - Child Of The Heartland
- Roger Clemens - Early Prodigy
- Roger Clemens - Work Ethic
- Roger Clemens - Chronology
- Roger Clemens - Boston Bound
- Roger Clemens - Career Crisis
- Roger Clemens - Cy Young And Mvp
- Roger Clemens - Career Statistics
- Roger Clemens - Man Of Controversy
- Roger Clemens - Third Time Cy Young Charm
- Roger Clemens - A New Start North Of The Border
- Roger Clemens - Awards And Accomplishments
- Roger Clemens - Roger, Over And Out?
- Roger Clemens - Roger, Meet George
- Roger Clemens - Still Top Of The World
- Roger Clemens - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias