Juli Furtado Biography
Growing Up, Forced Out Before Her Time, Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments, Further Information
American mountain biker
In her prime, Juli Furtado had more endurance and a higher peak heart rate than any of her competitors.
Combined with her drive and determination, these physical attributes made her a standout in the world of professional mountain biking. Furtado made her foray into the world of professional mountain bike racing after nearly a decade on the U.S. junior ski team. When injury forced her to stay off the slopes, she gravitated toward cycling, first to road racing, where she earned a national championship, and then to the hills and trails of mountain biking where she won the National Off-Road Bike Association (NORBA) overall titles four years in a row. The 1993 Velo News Cyclist of the Year dominated her sport from 1991 to 1996.
Sketch by Eric Lagergren
- Tom Gorman Biography - Outstanding Player, Still Active, Chronology, Further Information
- Lane Frost Biography - Early Years, Professional Career, Last Ride, Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments, Frost's Legacy
- Juli Furtado - Growing Up
- Juli Furtado - Forced Out Before Her Time
- Juli Furtado - Chronology
- Juli Furtado - Awards And Accomplishments
- Juli Furtado - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias