Karch Kiraly Biography - Born In Jackson, Michigan, Leads Us Team To 5 Gold Medals, Wins 17 Of 22 Tourneys In 1994 - CONTACT INFORMATION
American volleyball player
The only volleyball player in Olympic history to win three gold medals, Karch Kiraly pushed his career earnings past the $3 million mark with a third-place finish in the Association of Volleyball Professionals (AVP) last tournament of the 2002 season. He became the winningest beach volleyball player of all time when he and Adam Johnson captured the 1999 Chicago Open, Kiraly's 140th career win. And he is not ready to call it quits yet. In an interview with CBS SportsLine.com in October 2002, Kiraly was asked how much longer he thought he would compete as a pro. He replied: "Until it's not fun, or until we can't contend to win tournaments, or both." As well as Kiraly's been playing in recent years, it seems unlikely he ll turn his back on the game anytime soon.
Address: Karch Kiraly, c/o Association of Volleyball Professionals, 330 Washington Blvd., Ste. 600, Marina del Rey, CA 90292-5147.
Sketch by Don Amerman
- Karolyn Kirby Biography - All-american Player, Introduced To Beach Volleyball, Dominates The Tour, Olympic Disappointment, Chronology
- Karch Kiraly - Born In Jackson, Michigan
- Karch Kiraly - Leads Us Team To 5 Gold Medals
- Karch Kiraly - Wins 17 Of 22 Tourneys In 1994
- Karch Kiraly - Chronology
- Karch Kiraly - Wins Inaugural Oldsmobile Beach Series
- Karch Kiraly - Selected Writings By Kiraly:
- Karch Kiraly - Related Biography: Volleyball Player Kent Steffes
- Karch Kiraly - Awards And Accomplishments
- Karch Kiraly - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias