Bobby Orr Biography
The Young Champion, "a Man With Class", A Disappointing End, Chronology, Awards And AccomplishmentsSELECTED WRITINGS BY ORR:
Canadian hockey player
Bobby Orr is widely regarded as the greatest defenseman in hockey history. From the time he joined the Boston Bruins at the age of eighteen, Orr revolutionized the way hockey was played. Prior to that time, defensive players had confined themselves to playing defense. They guarded the approaches to the net and cleared the puck from the defensive zone, leaving the scoring to the front line. Orr played the game differently. He kept possession of the puck rather than simply clearing it, and he frequently crossed the blue line to participate in offensive plays. Orr shattered the scoring records for defensemen, and for two seasons he was the leading scorer in the entire National Hockey League (NHL).
SELECTED WRITINGS BY ORR:
(With Dick Grace) Orr on Ice, Prentice-Hall, 1970.
Sketch by Julia Bauder
- Jacques Plante Biography - Played Professional Hockey, Chronology, Began Wearing Goalie Mask, Traded To The Rangers, Career Statistics
- Cam Neely Biography - "what Really Counts", Perseverance, Chronology, "if I Can't Play Again, So What?" - SELECTED WRITINGS BY NEELY:
- Bobby Orr - The Young Champion
- Bobby Orr - "a Man With Class"
- Bobby Orr - A Disappointing End
- Bobby Orr - Chronology
- Bobby Orr - Awards And Accomplishments
- Bobby Orr - Orr's Legacy
- Bobby Orr - Career Statistics
- Bobby Orr - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias