Lynn Swann Biography - Born In Alcoa, Tennessee, Career Statistics, Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments, Further Information - CONTACT INFORMATION
American football player
Blessed with incredible speed and an ability to catch the football with leaps almost ballet-like in gracefulness, wide receiver Lynn Swann also had an impeccable sense of timing. He joined the Pittsburgh Steelers just as the team embarked on its most spectacular winning streak in history. Swann, an All-American at USC, was the Steelers' No. 1 draft pick in the 1974 draft, and he wasted no time in proving that he had what it took to make it in the NFL. During his rookie season, he led the league in punt returns with 577 yards on 41 returns, which was, at that time, a club record and the fourth best in NFL history. The following season he became a regular at wide receiver, which was to be his home for the rest of his NFL career. And what a career it was. During his nine seasons with the Steelers, Swann amassed a total of 336 receptions for 5,462 yards and 51 touchdowns. With Swann's help, the Steelers chalked up four Super Bowl victories in the wide receiver's first six years with the team. At the time of his retirement after the 1982 season, Swann's combined total of 364 receiving yards in four games ranked first in Super Bowl history.
Address: Lynn Swann, c/o ABC Sports, 47 W. 66th St., New York, NY 10023.
Sketch by Don Amerman
- Fran Tarkenton - Born In Richmond, Virginia, Shines In Pro Bowl Play, Chronology, Related Biography: Coach Wally Butts - CONTACT INFORMATION
- Kordell Stewart Biography - Born In New Orleans, Accepts Scholarship To Colorado, Declares For 1995 Nfl Draft, Steelers Fare Poorly In 1998, 1999 - CONTACT INFORMATION
- Lynn Swann - Born In Alcoa, Tennessee
- Lynn Swann - Career Statistics
- Lynn Swann - Chronology
- Lynn Swann - Awards And Accomplishments
- Lynn Swann - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias