Kevin Jones Biography
Born In Sacramento, California, Takes Care Of Business, Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments, Further InformationCONTACT INFORMATION
One of the most decorated snowboarders in the history of the sport, Kevin Jones has medaled in all but three of the X Games events he's ever entered, settling for fourth place in big air competition at the Summer X Games of 1999, fifth place in big air at the Winter X Games of 2001, and fourth in slopestyle at the 2002 Winter X Games. An avid skateboarder as a boy, he decided to give snowboarding a try after seeing a film in which ace skateboarders Noah Salaznek and John Cardiel showed their stuff on the snow. He competes in an average of only three contests each year—usually the Winter X Games, the Sims World Championships, and one Vans Triple Crown of Snowboarding event. A resident of Truckee, California, not far from Lake Tahoe,
Jones most often boards at Squaw Valley. Of himself and other pioneers in snowboarding, Jones says: "We didn't start snowboarding for the money, but now it's turned into the hunt for the almighty dollar. I think snowboarding should be called 'Jock Boarding'."
Address: Kevin Jones, c/o Jeenyus Snowboards, Truckee, CA.
Sketch by Don Amerman
- Duke Kahanamoku Biography - A Hawaiian Childhood, Olympic Star, Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments, The Father Of Surfing
- Mat Hoffman Biography - The World's Most Extreme Athlete, Pioneer On A Bicycle, Chronology, Athlete And Entrepreneur - CONTACT INFORMATION
- Kevin Jones - Born In Sacramento, California
- Kevin Jones - Takes Care Of Business
- Kevin Jones - Chronology
- Kevin Jones - Awards And Accomplishments
- Kevin Jones - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias