Summer Sanders Biography
Began Swimming, Breakthrough At Olympic Trials, Chronology, Swam For Stanford, Shined At The OlympicsCONTACT INFORMATION, SELECTED WRITINGS BY SANDERS:
In the early 1990s, American Summer Sanders was a dominant swimmer. She represented the United States at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona, Spain, becoming a hero for her four medal-winning performance. She also won eight national championships. After her swimming career ended, Sanders became a broadcaster, working on a number of sports-related programs.
Sanders was born on October 13, 1972, in Roseville, California, the daughter of Bob and Barbara Sanders. Her father was a dentist, while her mother was an airline
attendant. Her parents named her Summer because her older brother Trevor, born in the summer, had not been a girl. As their children became involved in swimming, Bob and Barbara Sanders became involved in the sport. Her father worked as a swim-meet official, while her mother was a part-time swim coach.
Address: c/o NBA Entertainment, Inc., 450 Harmon Meadow Blvd., Seacus, NJ 07094-3618.
SELECTED WRITINGS BY SANDERS:
(With Melinda Marshall) Champions Are Raised, Not Born: How My Parents Made Me a Success, New York: Delacorte Press, 1999.
Sketch by A. Petruso
- Mark Spitz Biography - "swimming Isn't Everything", Glory Days, Prepares Seriously, Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments - CONTACT INFORMATION, SELECTED WRITINGS BY SPITZ:
- Susan O'Neill Biography - Taking To Water, New Coach Raises Stakes, Chronology, World Fastest, Australia's Best - SELECTED WRITINGS BY O'NEILL:
- Summer Sanders - Began Swimming
- Summer Sanders - Breakthrough At Olympic Trials
- Summer Sanders - Chronology
- Summer Sanders - Swam For Stanford
- Summer Sanders - Shined At The Olympics
- Summer Sanders - Loss Of Competitive Focus
- Summer Sanders - Tried To Make Olympic Team Again
- Summer Sanders - Awards And Accomplishments
- Summer Sanders - Where Is She Now?
- Summer Sanders - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias