Teemu Selanne Biography - Drafted By Winnipeg, Joined The Nhl, Traded To The Ducks, Traded To San Jose - CONTACT INFORMATION
Finnish hockey player
Known as the Finnish Flash, right wing sharp shooter Teemu Selanne set a record by scoring seventy-six goals in his rookie season. Selanne began his career with the Winnipeg Jets (who later moved to Phoenix and became the Coyotes), before being traded to the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, and later the San Jose Sharks. During his time in Anaheim, Selanne often played on a line with another gifted scorer, Paul Kariya, and the pair produced much of the team's offense. Selanne is also known for his good natured personality.
Selanne was born on July 3, 1970, in Helsinki, Finland, with a twin brother Paavo, who played goal at one time. While Selanne was recognized as a great hockey talent in Finland in his youth—a player who scored on nearly every shot—the sport was not his only interest. He once played on the Finnish junior national soccer team. He also loved to race cars, and would race in Finland in off-road rallies and other races, during the NHL off season. Hockey, however, was his focus. By 1986, he was recognized as one of the best players in Finland.
Address: c/o San Jose Sharks, 525 West Santa Clara St., San Jose, California 95113.
Sketch by A. Petruso
- Billy Smith Biography - Chronology, Career Statistics, Awards And Accomplishments, Further Information
- Terry Sawchuk Biography - Growing Up, Rookie Of The Year, Chronology, A Dark Temper, Sawchuk: The Troubles And Triumphs Of The World's Greatest Goalie
- Teemu Selanne - Drafted By Winnipeg
- Teemu Selanne - Joined The Nhl
- Teemu Selanne - Traded To The Ducks
- Teemu Selanne - Traded To San Jose
- Teemu Selanne - Chronology
- Teemu Selanne - Awards And Accomplishments
- Teemu Selanne - Career Statistics
- Teemu Selanne - Further Information
- Other Free Encyclopedias